Application for 4 Week Program
Application for 2018 TBA
Application for the 2017 Four Week Program Program Fee: $2400.00 CAD
Enrolment is limited. Applicants will be selected on the basis of experience and suitability as reflected in their applications. A background in Shakespeare is not necessary. Nor is it required that English be your language of origin.The Voice Intensive invites and honours people of all nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
Please send the following to email@example.com
- Postal/Zip Code
- a current resumé: including training and performance experience (acting, voice, dance, singing, teaching)
- a photograph (standard glossy or ordinary photo). Format: jpeg, tiff or pdf.
- a statement which includes your reasons for attending and your expectations, information on your practice, and a description of how you anticipate using the Voice Intensive in your work.
- a statement describing any current physical or vocal health concerns. This program is extremely demanding, both physically and vocally and this will assist the faculty in their preparation of your attendance.
- a statement of your language of origin and level of English proficiency (conversational, fluent, near native)
- one letter of recommendation that details your strengths and weaknesses, as well as your ability to cope with both an intense course and ensemble work. The letter should be from a person in the arts or education who knows your work: eg. a director, teacher, coach, department head.
- a statement accepting the below application policy
If accepted, you will be asked to come with sonnet 64 memorized, and a monologue from one of this years’ four plays will be assigned to you to prepare in advance. During the intensive you will also be assigned a scene from the four plays. To help us select appropriate material for you, please respond to the following questions. Be assured that your answers
to these questions will not reflect on your acceptance; the information we gather is only to understand your specific experience.
- Do you have any previous experience working with or performing Shakespeare or classical text? If so,
- Have you ever studied or performed a scene or monologue from this year’s four plays? If so, which scene/monologue have you worked on? What role have you played?
- From this year’s plays, name two characters that attract you and tell us why. (simple statements are fine)
- From this year’s plays, name two characters that would challenge you and tell us why.
Application: Requiring a $60 CAD application fee
Your applications will be reviewed and you will be notified of your acceptance or your placement on our waiting list.
A $100 CAD non refundable fee is required to secure your spot at the Intensive, within 10 days of notification of your acceptance.
The balance of your tuition is due on April 30th, 2017. Without full payment, you are at risk of forfeiting your spot at the Intensive.
If you are on the waiting list, you may be notified at any time between March 15th and May 5th, 2017 of an available spot in the Intensive. If you receive this notification after April 30th, your full tuition will be due within 10 days.
Late applicants are given full consideration based on space availability. Early Acceptance is possible if your attendance is contingent on funding deadlines.
There is a limited number of bursaries available. To apply, please submit as part of your application a separate letter of request explaining your financial situation and particular circumstances. Bursaries generally do not exceed $200 CAD and not all requests are met.
Submit Payments Online
Once full payment has been received (April 30th, 2017), there are no refunds of your tuition. Before the start date, if an emergency arises and you discover that you are unable to attend, the Voice Intensive will make every reasonable effort to fill your spot from our waiting list up until the beginning of the Intensive and if replaced, your tuition will be returned to you, except for your $100 CAD non refundable deposit. If no replacement can be found, no refund of the tuition will be given. Once the Intensive begins, if for medical reasons you are unable to complete the intensive, your full tuition will be deferred for one year and you will be invited back to attend the following year. The contract that you sign to participate in the Voice Intensive, outlines strict, professional guidelines of conduct which makes our working environment safe and productive for all participants. If you breach that contract, the faculty has the right to terminate your contract, and in this case, no refund will be provided and no deferment granted.
If you have any questions in regards to the application process, please contact the Voice Intensive Administrator at info@